To set up a new employee user on your account, you can log in and click the Manage Users link in the top navigation bar. Then, please click Create New Employee.
What if I don’t see Manage Users in the top navigation bar?
Only employee users on the account will be able to see and use the ‘Manage Users’ section to create new users. If you do not see this section, or if you cannot see the Create New Employee button in this section, please contact your account administrator or the person who set up your user account for help with getting this level of access. (See Managing Employee Permissions)
There are 4 steps to setting up a new employee:
- From the screen shown above, enter the e-mail address of the employee you wish to create. The employee will log into the ShareFile portal using this e-mail address.
Click Next Step.
- Enter the employee’s basic information. The system will ask for their name and company. This helps you identify this user on the account.
The system will randomly generate a password for this user. You may leave the password as is or click in the ‘Password’ field to edit the current password.
You may also set the user’s account wide permissions and add them to address books here using the check boxes available on the screen. Employees may be given a wide array of permissions on the account, and you can learn more about the available permissions and options here.
Once basic information has been entered and the appropriate options have been selected, click the Next Step button to proceed.
- You may add the user to folders or groups on your account. Any folders or groups where you have ‘Admin’ access will be available through this screen. You may use the tabs to navigate between options.
- Add to Folders (tab shown above)
- Under the Folder Permissions column, select any permissions you would like the employee user to have on the folders that they will be able to access within the account.
- Select folders from the folder tree where you would like to apply the permissions for the new user.
- To create a new folder, select the root folder that you would like the new folder to be created under and click the New Folder button. Example: To create subfolder Invoices under Main, select Main and click New Folder.
- Add to Groups
- From this tab, select the check box next to any Distribution Groups that should include this user. The user will inherit any folder permissions that the group has been granted.
- Clone from Existing User
- From this tab, you may enter the e-mail address of another user. The newly created employee user will adopt the folder permissions of the user provided. Please note that the new employee user will only be added to folders where you have “Admin” permissions.
Note: You may copy folder permissions from an existing user to the new user OR select specific folders to add them to through this step. You will not be able to select specific folders on the Add to Folders tab and also copy permissions using the Clone from Existing User tab.
Click the Add User to Folders & Groups button to save the selected settings or click Skip this step to proceed without adding the client user to folders or groups.
- You may choose to send a welcome e-mail containing login information to the employee user. You can customize the body of the e-mail or use the default content. To finalize the client creation process and send the welcome e-mail, click the Send Notification Email button. To finalize the employeee creation process without sending the welcome e-mail, click the Finish Without Sending button.