Bulk Folder Upload
What is a Bulk Folder Upload?
The Bulk Folder Upload is a service provided by ShareFile to assist with the ShareFile account setup process. The Bulk Folder Upload is designed for customers who want each of their clients to have their own folder within their account. The Bulk Folder Upload will add your client users to your ShareFile account, provide them with login information, and create folders for each client to access.
How does it work?
Attched to this article below you will find an excel spreadsheet that you will use to fill out with all the information needed to import your clients.
The spreadsheet contains the following columns:
5) Password – this can be left blank; the client will receive a system-generated password
Note: when filling out the spreadsheet do not change the spreadsheet name or any of the column titles. This will cause an error in the upload.
- Along with the completed spreadsheet, you will need to provide your Account Representative with the following information:
1) Which root-level folder the new client folders will be created under
2) Who will be the Owner of the new Folders (either you or another Employee)
- Which permissions and settings the client users should have. These include:
1) Ability to change their passwords
2) Can see the My Settings link on the top navigation bar
3) Add the user to the company Shared Address Book
4) Users can download from their folders
5) Users can upload from their folders
6) Can delete
7) Users are Folder Administrators
8) Users can receive download notifications
9) Users can receive upload notifications
- You will also need to let the Account Representative know if the Welcome Email should be customized and if you want this sent out to all your new users at one time. You can alternatively send out the Welcome Email manually through the Manage Users link in your account.
The spreadsheet with all the information above can be emailed to ShareFile Support or your Account Represenative.